A ball valve is a valve in which the closing member is a ball and the ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close.
The ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium. Two-piece ball valves and three-piece ball valves are new types of valves that have been widely adopted in recent years. This valve is generally installed horizontally. Threaded ball valve is a kind of ball valve, and the connection form with the pipeline is threaded connection, in addition to flanged ball valve, welded ball valve and so on.
1) Small flow resistance;
2) The structure is simple;
3) Small size and light weight;
4) At present, the sealing surface material of the ball valve is made of plastic and has good sealing performance;
5) Easy to operate, quick opening and closing, convenient for remote control;
6) easy maintenance, seals are generally active, easy to remove and replace;
7) When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surfaces of the ball body and the valve seat are isolated from the medium. The passage of the medium will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface.